We are excited to share that our students are now able to use text messaging to reach out for help for themselves or friends at any time of day or night. Text-a-Tip allows students to find anonymous, immediate help if they are struggling with drug or alcohol abuse, depression, difficult family situations, bullying, or any of the many challenges they face today. Text-A-Tip is staffed with local counselors provided by LEAD (Linking Efforts Against Drugs), a non-profit organization focused on promoting healthy family relationships and preventing alcohol and drug use and other risky behaviors by youth.
For additional information about Text-A-Tip, please click here.
Morning Drop-Off Procedures:
• On Greenwood Avenue, form one car line on the right side and remain in this line until your child exits the vehicle.
• Once in front of Central School, all children should exit on the right side of the vehicle.
• Students can be dropped off at any point along the front of Central School, regardless of the door students use to enter the building.
• Do not drop-off on South Avenue between Greenwood Avenue and Grove Street
• Vehicles should enter the left lane and proceed south on Greenwood Avenue when departing.
• Do not use or block the fire lane or leave cars unattended.
Afternoon Pickup Procedures:
• When picking up children from Central School, use the right lane only on Greenwood Avenue.
• Move your car as far south as possible on Greenwood Avenue when waiting for your child.
• As the car in front of you moves forward or enters the exit lane, pull forward to keep the pickup line moving as far south as possible.
• Use the left lane only for exiting the area.
• Do not park your vehicle on Hazel Avenue.
• When waiting for your child to exit the school building, do not block crosswalks or local driveways.
• Do not use or block the fire lane or leave your car unattended.
Alternatives to Consider:
• If possible, have your child walk to school.
• Identify an alternative location that is not directly in front of Central School to drop off or pick up your child.
• If possible, avoid turning south on Greenwood off of Hazel, as this creates difficulty entering the drop off/pick up lane.
Lost and Found
If your child is missing any items, please have them check the lost and found, which has been relocated to the front of Young Auditorium. During Winter Break, all remaining items will be donated.
The Basketball Schedule and Medical Release Form are posted below.
Concussion Information and Agreement to Participate
Central School offers two types of athletic opportunities. The first is through our interscholastic sports program. This program consists of formal school sponsored teams in soccer, basketball, volleyball, track and field and cross country. Central School also offers an intramural sports program that includes a variety of activities that meet before or after school. Our intramural sports program is open to all Central School students. We are asking that all families read the “Agreement to Participate” and have your child return page 5 to his or her advisor by September 5.
Within this “Agreement to Participate”, you will find general athletic participation information, Board policy information, as well as facts about concussion symptoms and prevention. This agreement also notes a mandated protocol that requires any student who exhibits signs and symptoms of a concussion be removed from participation or competition immediately. Any student athlete removed from participation or competition due to a possible concussion may not return to play until authorized by a physician or a certified trainer.
To review the “Agreement to Participate”, please click here.
Central School Clubs for 2018 – 2019
Please click here for a list of Central School’s clubs. There is no need to register.
This school year, a service dog will be supporting a member of our Central School community. The service dog has undergone extensive training to meet the specific needs related to the student whom they support. Service dogs are recognized as an accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Should you have any questions please contact Valerie Lamberti (email@example.com), Director of Pupil Services.
Please remind your child with the following safety tips as they walk/bike to and from school:
- Continue to look both ways when crossing at the intersection until you finished crossing
- Walk your bike while crossing at the intersection
- Do not talk or text on the cell phone while crossing at the intersection
- Be careful when crossing at driveways
- Do not run, chase, push near and on the street