May 11: Picture Retake
Students rotate Integrated Arts classes every three weeks. The third session of fourth quarter begins on Monday, May 17.
Picture Retakes - May 11
Picture retakes is scheduled for Tuesday, May 11. Students requesting a picture retake will return their original picture package on May 11 to the photographer. For students who missed Picture Day on April 13, ordering details can be found here.
On Tuesday, May 11, at 7:00 PM, the North Shore Coalition for Drug-Free Communities will offer a free webinar for parents that will cover current trends of cannabis use among teens and the impact on adolescent brain development. The webinar features Dr. Susan Sirota, MD, FAAP.
Click here to register for this webinar.
2021 Art Exhibit
The New Trier Art Department is thrilled to host the annual 2020-2021 virtual Sender School Exhibit. Click here to see entries submitted by Central School students.
Carline Procedures for 5th-8th Grade
AM/PM Drop Off Procedures
1. Beginning at the intersection of Greenwood and Hazel, cars should form one drop off line on the west side of Greenwood.
2. Cars entering the drop off line from Hazel must obey the stop sign and then turn left and enter the west lane of Greenwood.
3. All 5th – 8th grade students should be dropped off in between the designated drop off area in front of the main doors.
4. When dropping off, please pull up to the furthest spot possible within the green cones. When you can’t pull up any further, your child should exit and proceed to their assigned entry door (5th and 6th Grade – Board of Education Door, 7th Grade – Main Door, 8th Grade – North Door).
5. Please have your 5th – 8th grade child ready to immediately exit from the right side of the vehicle on the west side of Greenwood Avenue in between the designated drop off area. Children should never exit from the driver’s side since vehicles depart on the east side of Greenwood Avenue.
6. Only the west side of Greenwood Avenue should be utilized until your child has exited your vehicle. Please do not cut from the east side to the west side to drop off your child. If you do this, it means you have not properly merged in the drop off line.
AM/PM Pickup Procedures
1. When picking up 5th – 8th grade children from Central School, use the right lane only on Greenwood Avenue.
2. Move your car as far south as possible on Greenwood Avenue when waiting for your child.
3. As the car in front of you moves forward or enters the exit lane, pull forward to keep the pickup line moving as far south as possible.
4. Use the left lane only for exiting the area.
5. Do not park your vehicle on Hazel Avenue.
6. When waiting for your child to exit the school building, do not block crosswalks or local driveways.
7. Do not use or block the fire lane or leave your car unattended.
Thank you for your help with drop off and pickup procedures to ensure all students and drivers are safe.
Full Day, In-Person Learning
Central School is pleased to return to full day, in person learning on April 5. Below you will find an information packet that contains many details regarding the transition. Please take a few minutes to review. Additionally, we have posted the bell schedule.
We are pleased to share that our students are able to use text messaging to reach out for help for themselves or friends at any time of day or night. Text-a-Tip allows students to find anonymous, immediate help if they are struggling with drug or alcohol abuse, depression, difficult family situations, bullying, or any of the many challenges they face today. Text-A-Tip is staffed with local counselors provided by LEAD (Linking Efforts Against Drugs), a non-profit organization focused on promoting healthy family relationships and preventing alcohol and drug use and other risky behaviors by youth.
For additional information about Text-A-Tip, please click here.